Saturday 26 March 2011

come out, come out, wherever you are

The London Zoo

I went to the London Zoo (http://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/) this week.. after much anticipation, I can say I was actually a little disappointed.
National Rail does 2 for 1 offers, but make sure you actually have the voucher, they won't budge on this! THANK YOU to the random man who happened to have an extra voucher. Come to think of it, why would a random man (no children) have extra zoo vouchers. Animal lover? Let's hope so.
The animals were mostly away on 'holiday', which was a little annoying, entrance at £19.50 per person should ensure non-holidaying animals. Majority of the reptiles were not in their little glass habitats, which actually really doesn't bother me too much.
I am a huge monkey fan, and there really weren't any. The penguins were away at Whipsnade Zoo, which didn't help because I wasn't at Whipsnade (but clearly I should have been).
It was mid afternoon so most of the animals were napping (saw some tiger behind and a lion briefly made an appearance) but other than that I can honestly say it was a pretty boring zoo.
However that said, it is in a gorgeous area in Reagent's Park and if not paying full price, should definitely be checked out. The soft serve was pretty damn good.
And do make the short trek to Primrose Hill for a great view of the city. It's a mission to walk up there, but on a gorgeous clear day, worth the blood, sweat, and tear to get up there. And make sure you do a little Rocky victory dance!







No comments:

Post a Comment